We would like to thank Durham Tees Valley Probation Trust for their continued support and assistance in recent projects. The partnership that we have been able to forge with the Probation Trust has lasted many years and it has enabled the Parish to undertake a variety of projects in the local area.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 8 entries.
Entries by admin
Following a discussion at the council regarding what would best help commemorate the WW1 centenary year, it was decided that the best way to help remember those who passed away was the creation of commemorative plaque.
This section is something of a miscellany. It contains entries dealing with behaviour and record of attendance of pupil and also the type of punishments. It also attempts to indicate what the actual school population was at various times.
In 1877 the era of payment-by-results was in its fifteenth year and although the narrowness of the original scheme had been to some extent mitigated by merit grants and other measures, the visit of Her Majesty’s Inspector for the annual examination remained the event around which the whole school year revolved. As the school’s grant […]
The starting point is the 1870 Education Act which provided for the creation of School Boards, elected by ratepayers, to provide schools where existing educational provision was inadequate.
The Parish Council were fascinated to find a bit of local history, describing how the KGV Playing Fields first came about, and we thought this would be something of interest to our local parishioners. If have any further information or facts, then please let us know so that we can continue to add to the […]
The school log book is a very variable form of historical document. Its purpose was to record events of varied nature – at an early stage it contained, verbatim, inspectors reports. In its pages we can glimpse at the working of a school, gain some knowledge of the condition of the buildings and have a […]
In 1877 a red brick building was erected on the eastern side of the main village street between St. Aidan’s Church and the Marquis of Granby. This building was called Framwellgate Moor Board School and consisted of three classrooms, one for boys, one for girls and a room opening off the girls’ for infants. There […]
About Framwellgate Moor Parish Council
- External Audit Notice2nd July 2018 - 9:03 am
- GDPR(EU General Data Protection Regulations) news22nd May 2018 - 2:33 pm
- Framwellgate Moor – a village Trail by Graeme Vasey7th September 2016 - 10:59 am
- The Bowling Green and Pavilion are fully open1st June 2016 - 8:48 pm
- Durham Tees Valley Probation Trust11th February 2015 - 2:35 pm
Mr D Temple