The School Buildings

Part 3 – Extracts from the School Log Books – The School Buildings

In 1877 a red brick building was erected on the eastern side of the main village street between St. Aidan’s Church and the Marquis of Granby. This building was called Framwellgate Moor Board School and consisted of three classrooms, one for boys, one for girls and a room opening off the girls’ for infants. There was also a Board Room and adjoining the southern end a house for the Master. Read more